Sunday, October 12, 2008

WOW! What a weekend...





It all started on Friday evening my brother came in from out of town so the family got together for pizza at my mom and dad's house. We carved pumpkins and had a great time. The girls and I got home around 11pm. As we were getting home Todd was also just coming in from coaching an out of town football game. I thought this was really unusual because after a football game the coaches have to talk it all over and analyze the game, needless to say he is never home this early on Friday nights.... SO to make a long story short around 1:30am Todd and I called his dad to come over and stay with the girls and we headed out to the ER. Todd was diagnosed with kidney stones on top of a few other health issues he has been dealing with over the past few months, we were a little worried. We got back home around 5:30am only to have to have Kylie at the soccer field by 7:45am. My parents were there and they took the girls home after the game so Todd and I could go back home and get some rest.

I put a roast in the crock pot and made chocolate crunch dessert, a family favorite, and then laid down for a while to rest. I never really could go to sleep so around 2 I headed out with the crock pot to my parents home for our 3rd annual fall family dinner. We started this tradition and it has really been alot of fun. We spend the day together and eat and then we build a fire in the backyard and sit around and talk and drink spiced cider. Having my family all together is so much fun. My brother lives out of town but everyone else is right here near me in our hometown and I couldn't be more happy about that.

We caught this cute little frog and I had to take his picture there are lots of them they tuck themselves up in the grooves of the siding on the house.

The girls and I left and got home around 11pm.

Today we got up and went to say goodbye to Jeff so he could head back home he had about a 3 hour drive. We spent the rest of the day resting and reading and hanging out.

We went to my nephews 7th birthday party at an indoor swimming pool here in town and the girls had a great time. My mom called and invited me to the movies. We went to see "Nights in Rodanthe." If you haven't seen it yet be sure to take a kleenex. I had no idea~

I think I'm ready to go crawl in bed for a good nights sleep, I usually don't stay up this late ever..... I've been running on a lot less sleep this weekend than I'm used too.

I think I recaped my weekend and wow what a weekend it was....goodnight.

3 comments:

Traci said...

Yikes...what a weekend!!! I didn't do anything...

I can't believe how Jeff and Justin and you still look the same!!!! Sounds like you had a great time with the family!! Hope Todd is feeling better.

Take care...
Traci

Laura said...

It was quite the weekend, but so much fun! I hope you can catch up on your rest this week.

So, the movie was good? Sorry I couldn't go with you guys, I'll have to try and catch it sometime soon.
Have a good Monday~Love you!

Cow Pies & Mud Pies said...

What a weekend! No rest huh? Hope your hubby is better. I hear Kidney Stones are NO FUN!