Thursday, December 18, 2008

Gingerbread house





I've been busy... last week the girls and I bought a pre-made gingerbread house, I wish I could have made my own but the thought if it. ugggg! So I bought one. I mixed up the frosting and dumped out the candy and they went to work. The girls had a great time decorating the thing. They each got a side and front. I was trying to avoid all fighting over this thing as I only bought one. This worked well and made for an interesting project. Kylie was sneaking the candy in her mouth and Emily was licking the frosting.
Today is the last day of school for Christmas break. They will be home with me for 18 days I think. I'm looking forward to it as I sit here in the quiet house. I'm trying to think of some fun things to do while they are home to entertain them. Emily gets bored really quick and starts jumping off the back of the couch. Kylie will usually retreat to her room and teach the dolls and teddy bears all the math facts that are running thru her head. The chalk board gets a work out.

My grandparents called and wanted their hair cut so we will probably spend a day with them sometime this weekend and then on Sat. is my youngest brother Justin's birthday. Hopefully we can get together to celebrate with him and Laura and Barrett.

I have a few things to finish up for Christmas but really I'm almost there. It's always a good feeling to be getting close to just relaxing and enjoying the holidays.
Also Happy Birthday to my nephew Tanner, he is exactly 1 month younger than Kylie, it was so fun to be pregnant with my sister-in-law Tina. We had fun comparing and cheering each other on. It's hard to believe that's already been 10 years ago.



2 comments:

Cow Pies & Mud Pies said...

How fun! The boys and I say we are going to do that and then never get to it.

Laura said...

Those look yummy! Have they been eatin' up already? I hope you're enjoying all your days at home with the girls! Thanks for keeping Barrett last night...I think you did wear him out. He slept till 9:15 today and then went down for a nap at 10:45!

See you soon~Love ya