at 5:37 this morning I got a text from our local radio station that school was closed today. I was excited and the girls even more so. They were counting on it last night as Todd and I were trying to get them to go to sleep.
We got to be lazy and eat breakfast, then Laura texted and said Barrett was asking about us so we decided to go over and play with them for awhile. I hauled my laptop over and talked Valentine cards with Laura while the kids ran around the house and giggled and had a blast. We were there almost two hours maybe and the car was covered with fluffly powdery snow. We ended up going to Wal-mart afterwards, Emily had a gift card still and wanted to buy a new game for her DSi. When we left there it was scary, the parking lot was snow covered and I almost ran over the man gathering carts, he beat my back window with his fist to let me know he was there I almost peed my pants. This snow was getting deep and it was hard to keep the windshield cleared I was never so thankful to not have very far to drive.
We've been cozy in the house ever since and I finally decided to work my blog over it was getting VERY dusty! I had the biggest plans in January to blog regularly. It didn't happen but today somehow I got inspired and I hope I can get on a roll. Over the past few months I could have blogged more but I was busy with both girls birthdays, Thanksgiving with all my family, a wonderful Christmas, lots of odd jobs, working at the school, and sadly we had to move my sweet grandma Betty to a nursing home. Grandmas alzheimers is really taking its toll. My poor grandpa is so lonely at home without her, my mom and I have tried to go with him pretty regularly to visit her. It is not easy. 

3 comments:
Good to hear from you Kim! Sounds like you have kept busy!
It was a great SNOW DAY! That was the first time I've stayed in my pj's ALL DAY in a very long time! It was nice to have an excuse not to get dressed :) Thanks for coming over to play, that Mister B sure does love you girls!
Hey Hey - glad your back!! I was thinking of you earlier today. I've been missin ya. Give me a call.
Post a Comment