Thursday, May 21, 2009

I know, I know.....




These lilys have just bloomed in my front yard over the past two days. Aren't they gorgoeus?

Daisy's in the front yard. I love daisy's!

I will not make up excuses why I haven't blogged in so long. I need to get a rountine for myself, my journal of what happens with us. I tell myself everything else really needs to be done before I sit at the computer and write. It just doesn't work that way. Anyway we have been super busy with the end of school stuff, picnics, parties, friends, softball, yardwork, haircuts, man have I given alot of haircuts in the past few weeks.

I've been practicing with my camera. I took a class to help me understand all the wonderful things my camera will do. Now if I can get it all to click in my head I'll be set. Manual settings on a camera are very sensitive.

Kylie was sad this morning thinking that today was her last day of elementary school. It makes me sad too but it's exciting to watch her grow up and do different things. Yesterday she got to try out some orchestra instruments. It will be fun to see how quickly she can pick up music. She is such a talented girl. She was selected as Star Student for her class on tues. she was surprised in front of the 3rd and 4th grade at an assembly. Her teacher wrote the nicest things about her and she just cried as she was chosen. We are very very proud of her. She is also starting fastpitch softball and wants to try pitching. Games will start in full swing on tues.

Barrett got to come as watch Kylie win her award. He was her special guest. His momma took our picture.

Emily is so ready for school to be out but she will miss her friends so much, she is a social bug. Look at all the boys. These are her best friends.


She is also playing softball and seems to be really excited. She is going to be a great hitter.
I cannot believe my baby will be in 2nd grade. She loves to play outside and is very content to dig in the dirt and throw rocks, she loves to ride bikes. Such a tomboy. We are so proud of Emily too she has the sweetest heart.

Tomorrow we are all home together all day. I'm very hopeful that we can get in a good routine and the girls will not fight all day long because boy they love to do that. I'm looking forward to a wonderful summer filled with lots of exciting adventures. Last night we went over and helped the neighbors put up their pool. In the summer I'm the pool girl. I take care of all the chemicals and cleaning and it's an everyday job but we can use the pool anytime we want and to me that's worth it. Its 15x4. Perfect size for the kids. They have a girl a year older than Kylie and they all 3 get along pretty well. We love our neighbors. We have cookouts and the kids swim more evenings than not. I love summer.

Well I'm off to give blood this morning at a local blood drive. It has been over 15 years since I have given blood but I hope to do it more often. My mom does it all the time and she talked me into doing it too. It really is a wonderful thing to do for people.

2 comments:

Traci said...

Welcome back stranger!! :)
Hope you have a great weekend!!

Are you going to the Round-up this year? We'll be there!! Looking forward to it...hope I don't have a "heat stroke" this time!!!!!!

Michielle said...

I'd say your getting pretty 'salty' at the new camera picture taking!! Nice photos!! Taking flower pics is one of my favorite things to do!!....I saw Barrett and his Mommie at WalMart the other day and ALMOST went up to say 'hi'........but, they don't know me and might consider me a 'STALKER'!!! ha!! There was no mistaking that cute little boy though. I knew in an instant it was them. Have a great summer. The girls will grow up fast. Let me tell ya!!