Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Shop Till We Drop!

My mom and I have always loved to shop. We are good together.  You know some people you go shopping with they are get in and get out with what they want kinda people. Others, like us, we love to look and touch and just hang out, take our time.
  This past Saturday I left the girls with Todd, he took them to work and they got to talk on the intercom and play office, chat with all the guys. The guys buy them junk food and so on. They love going to work with him.  So I picked up my mom and we headed to Wichita.  We ended up going to 3 different goodwill stores. If you don't shop at goodwill your missing out.  You just never know what you might come across and we love that.  I always find the cutest t-shirts for the girls.  Kylie is into the Aeropostle baby t's and I bet over the past year I have found her about 12.  In perfect condition and just her size and get this, for $0.99.  Do you know how much those t's are new?  Wowzie!  I found these frames that I can cover with paper and make them super cute!  I look for the "Life is Good" t's.  It's kind of a game between my mom and I who will find one first.  So far I'm the winner.  This past trip I found this great jacket from GAP for $3.99.  Anyway what can I say I'm a bargain shopper and who doesn't love a great bargain.   The paper pack I found for $1.49 there were 3 on the shelf, I picked up all 3 and will show you later this week what I ended up using it for.
We also went to Target and I found a new purse which is all I was really after anyway.  We had a wonderful day together.  We had time to talk in the car and just relax. We really treasure the time we get to spend together.


The art of being happy lies in the power of extracting happiness from common things.

4 comments:

laura mcpherson said...

AWESOME finds, Sis!!! I'm so glad that you and your mom had a day together...BUT I am really jealous that I missed out on the Goodwill stores. I haven't been to one since before Christmas, and I had a little helper with me, so it wasn't the least bit enjoyable :)

Can't wait to see what you make!

Audra said...

Great finds! Trips like that are SO FUN :) You are sooo creative, can't wait to see what you are making!

Cow Pies & Mud Pies said...

What a FUN trip! I haven't done that since before Christmas and only went to the DAV in Wichita--but found an awesome "new" pair of Born Clogs! WHOO HOO!

I'm ready for a trip like that...I've been wanting to go to the Flea Market at the Coliseum, I think it's the first Sunday of the month.

Wanted to go to Spring Crop, but I think we have an auction that weekend. Probably won't work out.
Loved your "favorites" post too!

Jenny said...

How fun. I need to try that sometime. You need to take this GoodWill virgin out.