Wednesday, March 11, 2009

My Aunt Carrie

My aunt Carrie passed away on February 22. She was only 49. Carrie was one of the sweetest people you would meet. Almost every time I saw her she told me how beautiful I was. She always had a hug for me. She was around alot as I was growing up, we would ride 3-wheelers together. She took me and a friend to our first big music concert to see Chicago. How cool is that? As adults we didn't spend much time with each other but we did get together to help my grandparents with things they needed. She absolutely loved my little girls to pieces. I will truly miss her but I do know that she is watching over us and the pain she endured in life is gone now and that gives me peace. My mom and I took care of her at my mom's home the last two days of her life. I will always be grateful that we got to be with her in her last moments.

This picture was taken on Thanksgiving day, Carrie is on the left, along with my mom and their parents.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry about your families loss. My prayers are with you.
Pam

Laura said...

What a nice post. Aunt Carrie WAS the sweetest lady. She was loved and we miss her. I'm so glad we took these pictures at Thanksgiving!